Wednesday 15 August 2007

The College Years - Video 1 - Bob

College was a bit of a weird one for me...I've only just finished so haven't really had much time to reflect yet. Like, all the equipment was there, but the assignments we got set rarely interested me... Although I did leave with 5 bits of work that I'm pleased I made, and that I definitely learnt from. Come to think of it, of those 5 projects only 1 of them was a proper college set project, the rest were out of hours, not made to be marked by the drunk tutors...that kinda sums up my time in 'further education'. That and the 9k debt and the useless foundation degree I now have...







This is my first video blog of 5 from "the college years", this was definitely an extra curricular shoot. The lesson I learnt from this one was to just make stuff for a laugh if you feel like it, dont get caught up in technicalities and all those gubbins.
Shot and edited in about 3 hrs after sessioning some beers with my flat mate paul. We busted out the trusty JVC 1 chip and filmed each other pretending to shoot each other with whatever weapons we could imagine. Ridiculous facial expressions and some free sound effects later, we had made this...




No comments: